Friday, May 20, 2005

Progressive fathering

In earlier posts, I've discussed on-line resources related to mothering, but today I came across two blogs by Daddychip (Daddychip and DaddyChip2: gender and social issues), who describes himself as "a former stay-at-home dad who wishes he could have stayed at home longer." Daddychip writes about parenting and in particular fathering issues from a feminist perspective. I like his blogs because he not only writes eloquently about his children and experiences with them but also serves as a model for "progressive fathering" by challenging gender stereotypes about fathers and the role they can play in their children's lives.

Daddychip also links to other blogs written by fathers and to an interesting site called Dads and Daughters: resources and support for fathers of girls. I have yet to go through all of his links, but when I do, I will be sure to list some of them in my own set of links.

No comments: