Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Yoga and meditation practice update

I had a good first week of returning to my yoga and meditation. My body and mind feel a bit creaky and stiff, but nothing that a few more weeks of practice won't fix. I don't think I'm going to practice them each day, though, becauser I also want to start doing more cardio exercise. In order not to take on too many extracurricular activities and feel time crunched, I'm going to do each type of activity on alternate days. So Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I'll do my yoga and meditation, and on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I'll do my cardio work.

I also checked out a meditation center, The Milwaukee Mindfulness Center, near my house this past Sunday. I liked the space, the people, and the center's philosophy a lot. Here is its mission statement:

The Mindfulness Community of Milwaukee is a spiritual community dedicated to the creation of a mindful culture fostering lovingkindness, compassion, joy, and equanimity. We study and practice teachings from Buddhism and other traditions in order to nurture individuals, families, society, and a healthy planet.

I look forward to going back.

No comments: